If you are a CWVA member and would like us to advertise a job vacancy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
RHS Ellesmere Port In Bloom
Job Title: 2021 Project Co-ordinator
Salary: £5,000 fee
Hours: Freelance part time contract from 30th April till 30th October 2021
Closing date for applications: Friday 9 April 2021
Ellesmere Port in Bloom is a volunteer-led, award winning community group. Our aim is to make the Ellesmere Port area beautiful and enter the RHS Britain in Bloom.
We are looking for a person to deliver the RHS In Bloom “it’s your neighbourhood” vision for 2021. Read more here https://www.rhs.org.uk/get-involved/its-your-neighbourhood
· To engage with existing volunteer-led groups
· To engage with under-represented people/groups, e.g. refugees
· To engage with residents in Ellesmere Port who are lonely and suffering with various mental health issues
· To engage with 18 plus to the oldest members of our town
· To report to and work with the Ellesmere Port In Bloom management group to deliver the RHS vision
· To improve on large town silver award 2019 to Silver Gilt
· To work within budget and keep appropriate records
· To plan and co-ordinate the Ellesmere Port In Bloom Portfolio
· To prepare and formulate Awards for All evaluation report
· Previous experience in managing community projects is essential
· This is a hands on role so an enthusiasm for gardening and practical skills are essential
· Community engagement skills essential
· Successful self-employed candidate must have public liability insurance.
· Own transport would be preferable.
· We encourage applicants from the locality of Ellesmere Port & Neston
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Joanna Pemberton, Ellesmere Port in Bloom Management Group email@example.com or call 07834829074 To apply, send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deafness Support Network
Job Title: Veterans Community Engagement Officer – Location TBC – Chester/Macclesfield/Northwich
Salary: £17,837.84 per annum
Hours: 30 hours per week
Closing date for applications: Friday 16 April 2021 @ 12 noon
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Community Engagement Officer to join the team providing support to the Veteran Community around sensory loss. The main purpose of this role is to deliver a high performing, service user focused engagement & community programme in line with strategic objectives.
You will be expected to promote community engagement, being responsible for developing & maintaining strong, positive & long-lasting relationships with a wide range of stakeholder groups across Cheshire.
You will be a motivated, passionate, organised & a proactive communicator, with experience working in a community setting, with a good understanding of Veteran Community & the Armed Forces Covenant.
For further information and to apply, please click HERE
No71 Spider Project
Job Title: Response Workers
Salary: £20-24,000 per annum / £10.26 – £12.41 per hour (dependent on experience)
Hours: Full time, part time and casual hours are available
Closing date for applications: Monday 19 April 2021 @ 9am
This is a fixed term appointment to 31/01/2023
Spider Project operates a Crisis Café in Chester which offers support 365 days a year from 10am until midnight.
Through Spider Project’s dynamis Creative Recovery approach, the aim of the service is to divert people away from Accident and Emergency (A&E) and other traditional crisis services available in Cheshire West and Chester. The Crisis service provides a non-clinical setting to support individuals out of crisis, enable access to other support, and when appropriate to engage with the Spider Project’s creative recovery programme.
For a detailed job description and to apply, please click HERE
Deafness Support Network
Job Title: Front of House Administrator – Northwich
Salary: £10,241.10 per annum
Hours: 22.5 hours per week (Mon, Tue, Wed 9am – 5pm)
Closing date for applications: Monday 19 April 2021 @ 12 noon
We require a professional & approachable individual with strong administrative skills & a pro active attitude, able to work on own initiative & with a desire to constantly improve existing systems. This is an interesting and challenging role where 2 days are never the same!
You will be the first point of contact for clients accessing our services, providing administrative support to Social Care along with supporting external organisations to access Training & Meeting Rooms. This rewarding post involves taking referrals & signposting clients to other sources of information. In addition to providing information/advice, you will support our Audiology service Positive Hearing, by scheduling appointments with our clinical Audiologists. As a key holder, with responsibility for opening/closing the building and health & safety, you will complete regular checks, reporting any maintenance issues to the H&S Administrator.
To apply, please click HERE
Fallen Angels Dance Theatre North West
Job Title: Finance Manager
Salary: £30K (pro rata) 0.5 post
Hours: 2.5 days per week
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 21 April @ 5pm
Fallen Angels Dance Theatre is seeking a Finance Manager to join their team. The finance manager will provide finance and business support services for FADT. This is a very hands-on role and would suit someone who enjoys working proactively, has a logical and systematic approach and excellent communication skills.
Passion For Learning
Job Title: Enrichment Club Supervisor
Salary: £12.00 per hour
Hours: 16 hours per week
Closing date for applications: Unspecified
Main Role: To plan and lead after-school Enrichment Clubs which currently operate in term time in 7 different settings in Cheshire West and Chester. To manage the Volunteers supporting at the Club and ensure the safe and effective operation of the Clubs.
Main Duties under the Supervision of the Enrichment Club Manager:
· To be in regular contact with the Enrichment Club Manager, to ensure activities planned at the Club are well communicated, including the resource and Volunteer requirements in order for the Clubs to run safely and effectively.
· To establish and maintain good relationships with the Volunteers supporting at the Clubs, ensuring their voice and views are represented at the heart of Passion for Learning.
· To supervise a team of Volunteers, ensuring that a caring and stimulating environment is provided for children, that takes into account individual development needs and enables children to reach their full potential. To welcome and induct new Volunteers, ensuring they have a good understanding of how best to support the children.
· To meet with the other Lead Coordinators and the Enrichment Club Manager regularly to share ideas, gather feedback and continuously improve the way the Clubs run.
· To ensure along with the Enrichment Club Manager the spend for each Club is within the budget advised, sourcing and supplying the products and materials needed for the Club. Ranging from the drink and healthy snack, to junk modelling materials, to specialist toys, books or games, craft materials etc to meet the needs of the sessions planned.
· To manage the safe running of the Clubs, ensure each setting (both indoors and outdoors) has the relevant Enrolment forms or other permission forms for the children attending and that these are updated as required. Ensuring confidentiality and data protection of the children, their families and Volunteers.
· To support the safeguarding of the welfare of children in line with Passion for Learning’s Safeguarding Policy.
· To support the development of effective partnerships with parents of the children attending through regular contact and events e.g. termly ‘Open Club’ sessions.
· To work with the Enrichment Club manager to identify any support needs or development goals for themselves or the Club.
· To provide safe, creative, appropriate play opportunities that will excite the children, preparing and organising the activities programme. While overseeing the Club, to also work 1:1 with the children as opportunities and needs arise.
· To provide full care for the children including preparing and serving a healthy snack and refreshments as needed.
· To manage the practical aspects of setting up and tidying away the Club at the beginning and end of every session e.g. ensuring tables and chairs are laid out and safely stowed away after use.
· To carry out day to day administration of the Club – e.g. taking the register and ensuring the safe handover of children at the end of the Club to their parent/carer.
· To work under the instruction of the Enrichment Club Manager to liaise with the school with regard to the needs of the children who attend the Club as well as ensuring appropriate space and facilities.
To apply, send your CV and a covering letter to Joanne Walton, Operations Manager, email@example.com